Sunday, March 16, 2008

PARTY WAVE!

March 13th 2008


Photobucket

Another day of "surfing" also known as, the water is still way to cold for me to think about much more than how much it stings.

Labeled "Party Wave" on the Origin website (www.originsurf.ca) the turn out was not as large as expected. Four surfers and two body boarders, not exactly 100 surfers one wave, but the conditions didn't exactly warrant that either. Pretty messy with very short periods and some funky currents that said the air temperature was nice, definitely warmer than the water. 

My new excel 5mm booties (a merry Christmas from my little bro) were killer. My feet were toasty the whole time. My core not so much due to the small holes that seem to have formed in my suit's well worn armpits. I'm super stoked to have a brand new O'Neill 7mm in the mail. Just over a 100 dollars with taxes and shipping from www.sierratradingpost.com. 

So I stand by the statement that I did catch a couple wee waves from the re-form. Honestly the thought of having to duck dive even once stopped me from making any sort of real effort to the actual lineup (somewhat pathetic reasoning but totally honest). Spring can't come soon enough for me, I can't wait to sweat my "balls" off in that 7mm. Once again regardless of my skills or seeming lack there of I'm still so pumped to have been out in the water. 

Costa is going to feel so good! T-34 days! Yea!!

1 comment:

utopia resin scientists said...

good to see your getting in the water
enjoy