Wednesday, March 26, 2008

All the bicycles will be made of gold and silver and there will be surf on the lake

Photobucket 


The message on my voice mail was something along the lines of a very excited "its snowing and shitty out so there might be surf! ". I wasn't out surfing (sadly my fabled $80.00 wetsuit had not arrived yet) but I totally wanted to tough out the weather to take some photos and get stoked. 
"Weather" it doesn't sound very extreme, but standing out on the point with the wind howling at 30mph, and rain/snow pealting at me from the side it felt extreme. As I was running back to more sheltered surroundings I hoped that this would be the closest I ever come to war. My umbrella wrapped around me by the wind and a deafening rat-ta-ta-tat sound of the sideways rain against it. Lets just say I was running with feeling.
The waves looked awesome and the guys ripped it. Clean glassy faces despite the foul weather. The lakes are a weird place, its like opposite land from the ocean, at least as far as the good weather and wave quality ratio goes.
There were at least 10 guys out over the afternoon. Plus two cameras (myself included) and one video camera getting the whole thing down. All these guys trekked not only through the weather but through the ice, water, mud and copious amounts of goose shit. Dedication with a capital D.
On a very exciting side note, my new suit is now here, all 7mm of it. I can't wait to be sweating while catching some waves in our icy lake.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




No comments: