Tuesday, January 6, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

So snow is great and all but New Years on the beach wins hands down. The girls and I formed a posse with some other Canadians and a few aussies and heading to Whites Beach. Whites is a little alcove of a beach protected by rocks and trees, with a slightly trechorous downhill walk from the road, the crowds are kept to a minimum. For New years there were about 15 at our campfire and probably another 25 aging hippies at the fire next to us. We played music, socialized and took good care of our champagne. Such good care that the walk back to the road was impossible, Liz and I slept on the beach. We went in the ocean at midnight and saw glowing algae. We had our auras read by some twins, I found out I have a green aura, I also later found out they'd been eating mushies. It was all very very cool. No dramas till I, as I do, ran to use the toilet didn't see the low rock and tripped. Don't worry my teeth are ok! and 5 days later, my cuts are almost healed. Can't take me anywhere.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Setting up camp and popping some champs....

Photobucket

Happy laur......

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Liz shooting her 2009 calendar with kate.....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some surfers making the climb back to the road....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thats where the battery on my camera tapped out. Check www.lizcore.blogspot.com for some more photos and the dirty details.

No comments: